Adult orthodontics are becoming more and more popular thanks to innovative treatments that straighten teeth fast while not being noticeable. We offer clear aligners such as Invisalign that allow you to get the straight smile you desire without affecting your day-to-day.
Orthodontics is the branch of dentistry that corrects irregularities of the teeth and jaws. Treatment involves using a variety of appliances to move teeth to a better position by applying gentle forces.
As well as enhancing the appearance of teeth, there are a number of other benefits to receiving orthodontic treatment. It can improve eating and speaking ability, as well as encouraging better oral hygiene as teeth become easier to clean in their straighter position.
This subtle treatment uses tailor-made aligners to gradually move your teeth to a neater position. Its main advantage being that the clear aligners are virtually invisible. They are also comfortable and can be taken out, so you can keep your teeth and gums clean, and there is no restriction on what you can eat.
This system uses 3D technology to produce the aligners, which are then changed every two weeks so the movement of your teeth is precisely controlled. Treatment times are shorter and as there are no braces and wires, you’ll spend less time having adjustments.
What does the treatment involve?
- The first appointment involves a consultation where we decide whether Invisalign treatment is suitable for you. We talk through what the treatment involves and how long we envisage it will take for you to achieve the smile that you’re after.
- When ready to start the treatment, we arrange a dental examination so we can make sure there are no hidden surprises such as gum disease or decay. The healthier your mouth, the more effective the treatment will be.
- We take impressions of your teeth and take photos. These impressions are used to create accurate models of your teeth. These are used to create your aligners.
- When we receive the first sets of aligners, we invite you back to talk through your treatment plan.
- You’ll need to wear your aligners at least 22 hours a day. How long the treatment will take depends on your individual case, but it can take an average of 18 months.
Short term solutions
Faster acting solutions include aligners that straighten specific teeth. Inman aligners use springs, two aligner bows and a thin bar that runs across the front of the teeth. It is an affordable way to change the alignment of your front teeth within just 8-16 weeks.
After any type of orthodontic treatment, you will need to wear a retainer to keep your newly straightened teeth in line. Retainers can either be fixed at the back of your teeth or can be a clear, removable appliance that you wear at night.